Sunday, November 14, 2010

template for all your "missed connections" needs...

Save lots of time hunting down your missed connection with this easy to use template. Just check the appropriate boxes, and you're well on your way to eternal happiness!

I was at
[ ] Starbucks
[ ] Starbucks
[ ] the Starbucks kiosk in the Safeway

and you were
[ ] working at the Starbucks.
[ ] a customer at the Starbucks.

You were
[ ] ordering a "venti half-caf soy latte" or some other nonsense with a made-up name.
[ ] making a "venti half-caf soy latte" or some other nonsense with a made-up name.
[ ] enjoying a "venti half-caf soy latte" or some other nonsense with a made-up name.

I couldn't help noticing you
[ ] made eye contact when I paid for my drink.
[ ] nodded politely when I asked for a lid for my drink.
[ ] admiring how concisely I used the fake coffee terminology when I ordered my overpriced, made-up name beverage.

I was the
[ ] guy wearing a trendy commie army hat and an oh-so-predictable, 3 sizes-too-small t-shirt from a thrift store and a shaggy 1976 hairdo.
[ ] guy with the "I'm so effing ironic" 70's fu man chu mustache and mirrored aviator sunglasses and greasy hair.
[ ] girl wearing hiphugger jeans that are so small that they make my spare tire look like one from an 18 wheeler, prominently displaying my "tramp stamp" tattoo.

You were
[ ] the girl pretending to ignore me and acting like you were busy typing furiously into your iBook.
[ ] the barista pretending to be too busy working to notice how hot I am.
[ ] the guy making a complete mess at the condiment counter while doctoring up your fancy expensive coffee drink.

I think there was a spark and I think you know it too. Wanna get some coffee??

1 comment: