Thursday, November 4, 2010

21+5...

One thing about Halloweek is certain in my house: pure madness. Madness I say! One of my sisters' birthday is on October 29, two days later is All Hallows Eve, and two days after that is the annual celebration of my escaping the womb. True story.

So far, my birthday has been a "mish mash" of meh. My birthday party on Monday fell through. Tuesday on my birthday, party was canceled due to technicalities with my renewed driver's license, and last night the big bash was once again forced to be moved....to next week. Ye gods, am I destined to never properly celebrate the beginning of the second quarter of a century of my life? So it would seem.

However, last night I had the chance to spend time with my friends Casey, Julia, Will, and eventually Eric at the Silver Dollar, Underdogs for pool, and ended the night at the Blue Moon with some nomalicious McMenamin's beer and tots. Oh....tots. Tater tots are almost the perfect food. (No, they were not cajunized. Don't judge.)

Closing down the Blue Moon, playing pool and learning how to play sports bar shuffleboard was definitely the highlight of my birthday so far. So, thank you friends. Have your actions completely fixed the injustices that Birthday 2010 has deemed fit to present me with? No...but it's close. And I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment