Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 2...


I woke up this morning freezing cold and noticed that it was classic Portland weather outside, but in the wrong time of year. Here in the Rose City, our summer season traditionally lasts from August until early October. It's August 31, and I feel like it's my birthday because of the weather outside. Usually on chilly mornings such as this, I make some pancakes, eggs and hasbrowns, or oatmeal for breakfast...and oatmeal sounded just awesome this morning.
After hiding under the covers for around an hour, I finally dragged my butt out of bed, took the dog out, and went to the kitchen to see if there was any oatmeal for the kids and I to down. Oh, there was oatmeal alright...plain boring oatmeal. Normall I don't mind, but today it just didn't sound appealing. Even putting brown sugar and cinnamon in it wasn't doing it for me. Plus, I discovered I'm out of lactose-fee milk. Boo.
To the freezer! The freezer always holds something tasty! I opened the door, and there it was.....a microwavable chicken pot pie. YESSSSSSS! But, Sam...a chicken pot pie for *breakfast*? HELLS YES! I took my paring knife, punched about 10 holes in the top, threw it in the microwave, and within 5 minutes the smell of browning crust, gravy, chicken, potatoes and peas were filling my kitchen. Hoenstly, my breakfast today rocked.
As for the kids, they opted for plain old oatmeal and yogurt. Traditionalists. Psssh. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment